macOS Support Essentials 10.14 is a three-day course that teaches the best ways to support macOS Mojave users. The course includes lectures, demonstrations, group discussions, and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
Who should attend
• People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
• People who support Mac users
• macOS familiarity
• Basic computer navigation skills
What you’ll learn
• How to use macOS Mojave tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Mojave
• macOS Mojave features and functionality, including how to find more information
• How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.14 certification
Installation and Configuration
Participants update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Mojave, then set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac. Participants are introduced to the command-line interface and macOS Recovery.
Participants learn to manage user accounts and user home folders. They also learn about macOS security and password changes.
File Systems and Storage
Participants learn to manage file systems, storage, encryption, permissions, and file sharing.
Participants use hidden items, shortcuts, file archives, metadata, and Spotlight. They also learn to manage system resources and Time Machine.
Apps and Processes
Participants install, manage, and troubleshoot apps, and manage documents.
Participants manage basic and advanced network settings and troubleshoot network issues.
Participants manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall.
Participants manage printers and scanners, then troubleshoot peripherals, startup, and other system issues.